- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 04-07-2017
10 Reasons Why You Should Drink More Water
1. You need water to live - Your body is mostly water. In order for your body to function properly, you need to be consuming water.
2. Have less pain - Water hydrates your muscles and joints. It keeps the muscles stay flexible and the joints lubricated. It even can decrease the frequency of headaches!
3. Improve digestion - Drinking enough water prevents constipation, increases the bulk of stools, and makes going takes less time.
4. It makes your brain bigger - If you are dehydrated, your brain shrinks. This can cause your brain to work harder to perform tasks.
5. It can aid in weight loss - Drinking water can make you feel less hungry because your stomach is full. Water also increases your metabolism.
6. Improve kidney function - The kidneys filter your urine. If you are increasing your water intake, you are diluting the urine, which decreases the concentration of minerals in your system. This makes the minerals less likely to clump and form stones.
7. Increases physical performance - While doing a physical activity, your heart has to pump more blood through the system. Water increases the blood fluidity making it easier to get the blood moving.
8. Improve your mood - Dehydration is linked to moodiness and anxiety due to the brain shrinking.
9. Improve your skin - Water gives your skin a nice glow and suppleness. It can clear your complexion by acting as a detoxifying agent in your body.
10. It allows your adjustment to go smoother! - A well hydrated spine moves easier during an adjustment and holds its adjustment longer than a dehydrated spine.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.
New Patient Special
To receive $50.00 off your Initial Consultation and Exam,
fill in your information below or call us at 816-842-3603.
After just one session of Acupuncture and a Chiropractic Adjustment my pain level immediately began to reside and I had a renewed sense of hope. I really could not believe it. Dr. Kristine had already started giving me back my life.
You did it again! I feel like a million bucks! I truly feel like I get my "money's worth" when you treat me. Not only do you treat the problem at hand but you go the extra mile to do some preventative work.
Dr. Baker is my miracle. Her caring ways and knowledgeable hands have helped me when no one else would. When I moved away from the area, I tried another acupuncturist and did not get as good results as with Dr. Baker. She has changed my life and I thank God every day that I met her and that she cared enough to help when no one else would.
I remember leaving my initial appointment feeling very empowered. I didn’t feel guilty, defeated, or responsible anymore. I felt very hopeful. I truly believe that the regular acupuncture and chiropractic adjustments played a huge role in my success with getting pregnant this second time.
I feel so blessed to have been referred to Dr. Baker as I feel that she has totally improved my quality of life. I will always be grateful to my friend at church for leading me to her and I will always be grateful to her for making my life more enjoyable.