- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 05-11-2010
I have worked with many pregnant women in my practice, and have learned a lot about helping them stop morning sickness. Here are the top SIX steps pregnant woman could use to stop morning sickness in its tracks!
1. Eat! It is so critical that a mom is getting the proper amount of
nutrition and at the right frequency. I always refer my pregnant
patients to the Brewer Diet for Pregnancy. Check out their website for
more information: http://www.blueribbonbaby.org/
2. Drink plenty of Water - Dehydration is also a key factor in morning sickness. Moms who have morning sickness tend to have children with more lung and asthma problems. It makes sense though...if you are dehydrated when the baby's lungs are forming, an organ that needs a lot of moisture, then the lungs may not be as strong as they could be. How much water? I recommend a quart for every 50 lbs. of body weight per day.
3. Acupuncture - I have helped women with morning sickness over and over again! I use a tool called Acugraph where I can measure the energy in the 12 main acupuncture meridians and see where your energy is out of balance. I combine the indications of the Acugraph and the points I have learned in traditional Chinese Acupuncture to get great results for my newly pregnant patients. I've even had cases where the morning sickness was gone by the time they left my office. As long as they continued with diet and water intake, they only needed a few follow up treatments and they were on their way to a nausea-free pregnancy!
4. Chiropractic Adjustments - If the neck or upper back is out of alignment, that can trigger some people to be nauseous. Patients who have a history of car accidents, neck trauma, motion sickness, or chronic neck pain can be more likely to have symptoms during their pregnancy.
5. Total Body Modification - Total Body Modification can help balance the gallbladder, hormone levels, and your body's ability to absorb the water you drink...all of which may be out of sync in women with morning sickness.
6. Get plenty of sleep! Your body is working hard to grow a baby, and needs plenty of rest to fuel the growth process. At a bare minimum, you should get 6 hours of sleep a night, but 7-9 hours of sleep is preferred! Sweet dreams!
Whether you are pregnant or not, having an established relationship with a Holistic Chiropractor is an essential component to a healthy lifestyle. They can recommend the right combination of treatments and lifestyle changes that are best for you! Better Health is just a phone call away!
Dr. Kristine Baker
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.
Request an Appointment
To Request a New Patient Appointment,
fill in your information below or call us at 816-842-3603.
Our first available new patient appointment is the week of 09/03/18
We do have a cancellation list for New Patient Appointments so if an appointment opens up sooner, we will be happy to see you at an earlier time.
After just one session of Acupuncture and a Chiropractic Adjustment my pain level immediately began to reside and I had a renewed sense of hope. I really could not believe it. Dr. Kristine had already started giving me back my life.
You did it again! I feel like a million bucks! I truly feel like I get my "money's worth" when you treat me. Not only do you treat the problem at hand but you go the extra mile to do some preventative work.
Dr. Baker is my miracle. Her caring ways and knowledgeable hands have helped me when no one else would. When I moved away from the area, I tried another acupuncturist and did not get as good results as with Dr. Baker. She has changed my life and I thank God every day that I met her and that she cared enough to help when no one else would.
I remember leaving my initial appointment feeling very empowered. I didn’t feel guilty, defeated, or responsible anymore. I felt very hopeful. I truly believe that the regular acupuncture and chiropractic adjustments played a huge role in my success with getting pregnant this second time.
I feel so blessed to have been referred to Dr. Baker as I feel that she has totally improved my quality of life. I will always be grateful to my friend at church for leading me to her and I will always be grateful to her for making my life more enjoyable.